The dumbbell floor press is a resistance training exercise that targets the triceps brachii and pectoralis major muscles as well as the trapezius, deltoid and back muscle. It’s performed in a similar manner as a barbell bench press but with a few nuances. To perform a dumbbell floor press correctly, refer to the following steps.
- Lie flat with your back against the floor
- Keep your knees slightly bent
- While resting your elbow and upper arm on the floor, hold a dumbbell in each hand
- Fully extend your arms above your body, raising the dumbbells in the process
- Hold the dumbbells in place for a few seconds and slowly bring your arms back to the resting position
The video below walks you through the process of performing a dumbbell floor press: