Performing a standing bent over single-arm dumbbell tricep extension will target all parts of the tricep horseshoe so long as you maintain proper form throughout the exercise.
- Feet shoulder-width apart
- Pick up a dumbbell with the palm facing inward
- Bend at the hips to an almost parallel to the ground angle
- Lift your upper arm to make a 90-degree angle with your forearm
- Contract the tricep extending the dumbbell back while keeping the upper arm stationary
- Extend until your elbow is locked out
- Return forearm to a 90-degree position in a controlled manner
Ensure your upper arm doesn’t move throughout the duration of the exercise.
This video demonstrates the exercise: