The dumbbell middle back shrug works out your arms & middle back. Below are the steps detailing how to perform this exercise.
- With a dumbbell in each hand, lay chest-down on an incline bench with palms facing inward. Keep arms slightly extended and elbows slightly bent. This will be your initial position.
- Keep arms slightly extended and elbows slightly bent. This will be your initial position.
- Keeping your arms stationary, begin to squeeze your shoulder blades together as you contract your muscles for one full second while exhaling.
- Inhale as you return to the initial position.
- Repeat these steps for your desired amount of reps.
This video shows you how to properly perform a dumbbell middle back shrug: