The Dumbbell Squat is an exercise that works and activates your hamstrings, calves, quadriceps, gluteal muscles, as well as other lower extremity muscles. This is a great exercise for beginners as well as experienced weight lifters. You must have a proper stance to ensure the exercise is performed properly. Here are some instructions to show you how to perform this exercise.
- Stand with feet parallel with your shoulders (feet should be pointed straight)
- Hands should be palm facing towards the thighs
- Start bending down with your face facing forward, back straight, and chest-high until your thighs are parallel with the floor and your knees should be going the same direction as your feet
- Hold for a second and extend back up to the original position
- Repeat to your satisfaction