The dumbbell lying rear delt raise is a great exercise for shoulders. Having proper form is important to get the most out of the exercise and to avoid straining yourself.
Here is how to perform a dumbbell lying rear delt raise:
- Lie flat on the bench with your face down and two dumbbells in hand, arms resting on your sides
- Keep elbows bent slightly and palms facing inward
- Raise arms until elbows are about shoulder height and arms are parallel to the ground
- Hold at full extension for a second or two
- Lower slowly back down and repeat
Here’s a video of the exercise to visualize how it’s done: