The Dumbbell Tate Press works your arms. Below are the steps needed to properly perform one.
- Lie on a flat bench with your chest up, shoulders back, and abs tight.
- With your palms facing your feet and your arms straight, hold the dumbbells above your shoulders. This will be your start position.
- Keeping your elbows pointed to the sides and only moving your forearms, slowly lower dumbbells towards your chest, inhaling while doing so. Hold this position for one second, not allowing the dumbbells to rest on your chest.
- Exhale while extending arms back to start position.
- Squeeze triceps hard before starting next rep.
The video below shows the correct way to perform a Dumbbell Tate Press: